So judging from some of the searches coming up on my stats page, and from personal experience, now is about the time that people begin to choose their dissertation questions, and some essay questions so I thought I’d put up a list of possibles here to help you guys out. I realise these are far from exhaustive, and some of the phrasing could do with improving, but they’re just examples.
- What steps did Henry VII take to consolidate his power after Bosworth?
- How did Henry VII manipulate Richard III’s image to suit his own purpose?
- How serious was the threat to Henry VII by pretenders?
- How far was Henry VII’s authority challenged by rebellions and conspiracies during his reign?
- How did Henry VII exert control ove his financial policies and why was this control so important?
- Henry VII negotiated marriages for his children before his death, but how successful were they politically?
- Compare the success of the pretenders Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck?
- To what extent did Henry VII contribute to the death of Prince Arthur?
- What did Henry VII do to try to win over the English people?
- How crucial were the roles of councillors in Henry VII’s reign?